FINISH DURABILITY INFORMATION
DURABILITY CODES as provided by MIYUKI CO, LTD
When MIYUKI first developed DELICAS they were primarily intended for use as a loom-weaving bead, and even now in Japan, the majority of people using DELICAS are making woven tapestries which are matted, framed, and hung on the wall just like we do with needlepoint. Under these conditions, dyed and/or galvanized beads are fine because they are out of direct sunlight and protected from skin oils, friction, chemicals, etc. Problems only arise when such beads are used to make jewelry or other items handled too often.
Please note that although only DELICAS are listed below, all MIYUKI BEADS with the same color description and/or finish, should be assumed to have the same durability as the MATCHING DELICA. You can find DELICA to SEED matches here: CONVERSION CHARTS
THE 3 CATEGORIES OF RISK:
[A] FADING colors which might change and/or fade due to bright sun or tarnish.
[B] FRICTION colors which might rub off from friction or contact with skin acid.
[C] CLEANING colors which might alter or fade from chemicals & dry-cleaning.
EACH CATEGORY IS ASSIGNED 1 OF 3 RATINGS:
 There is no problem in usual use.
[~] There might be a problem in durability by individual use.
[x] There is not strong durability. Attention is required for use.
You can FIND these CODES in the TECHNICAL NOTES TAB on all 11/0 DELICA PRODUCT PAGES
We are working on translating these codes to all MIYUKI BEADS as shown on the CONVERSION CHARTS
(where you can find out whether there are other bead types that match DELICA finish/colors)
View the full DELICA DURABILITY CHARTS
I have tried Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Spray (matte or shiny non-yellowing finish) on beads that have a tendency to fade or wear off easily.
Do a test sample as they will change the appearance somewhat or more.
Place your beads in a good sized plastic bag (1/2 gallon or larger). Blow into the bag to poof it open with air. Spray a quick burst or two into the bag. Be careful not to breath in the fumes! Best if done outdoors! Seal or twist the bag closed while it's poofed with air inside like a balloon and shake continuously about 2-3 minutes or until they no longer stick together. When dry, your beads should be well protected! When I first heard this I thought it would be a sticky nightmare and waste of perfectly good beads but it wasn't!
- MIYUKI® DELICAS
- DB • DELICA BEAD • SIZE 11/0 ORIGINAL • ALL COLORS FDB
- DBS • DELICA BEAD SMALL • SIZE 15/0 • ALL COLORS FDB
- DBM • DELICA BEAD MEDIUM • SIZE 10/0 • ALL COLORS FDB
- DBL • DELICA BEAD LARGE • SIZE 8/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- 11/0 DELICAS • COLLECTOR 12PC SETS • SO
- 11/0 DELICAS • SERIES FINISH/TYPE • SETS SEE AVAILABILITY
- 11/0 DELICAS • MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION SETS
- ® SEEDS
- ® TILAS
- ® DROPS
- ® BUGLES
- ® CUBES
- ® TRIANGLES
- TR10 • TRIANGLE BEAD • SIZE 10/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- STR10 • SHARP TRIANGLE BEAD • SIZE 10/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- TR8 • TRIANGLE BEAD • SIZE 8/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- STR8 • SHARP TRIANGLE BEAD • SIZE 8/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- TR5 • TRIANGLE BEAD • SIZE 5/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- STR5 • SHARP TRIANGLE BEAD • SIZE 5/0 • SO & CLEARANCE
- MORE MIYUKI®
- SPR • SPACER BEADS • SO & CLEARANCE
- BB • BERRY BEAD • SO & CLEARANCE
- MIX • BEAD MIXES • SO & CLEARANCE
- MINI MIXES • SO ONLY
- MULTI MIXES • SO ONLY
- DB • MIX • SO & CLEARANCE
- DBL • MIX • SO & CLEARANCE
- 8 • MIX • SO & CLEARANCE
- 6 • MIX • SO ONLY
- E • MIX • SO ONLY
- 2 • MIX • SO ONLY
- 15 • MIX • SO & CLEARANCE
- 11 • MIX
- BGL • MIX
- TW206 • MIX • SO ONLY
- TW2712 • MIX • SO ONLY
- SB18 • MIX • SO ONLY
- SB3 • MIX • SO ONLY
- SB(4) • MIX • SO ONLY
- CUBE MIXES
- DROP MIXES
- MA • MIX • SO ONLY
- LMA • MIX • SO ONLY
- TR10 • MIX • SO ONLY
- TR8 • MIX • SO ONLY
- TR5 • MIX • SO ONLY
- MAGATAMA MIXES • SO ONLY
- TRIANGLE MIXES
- HEX CUT BEADS • SO & CLEARANCE
- PREORDER NEW IMPORTS
- BEAD SETS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- BEAD CONVERSION CHART
- DURABILITY INFORMATION
- BEADING SUPPLIES
- MORE BEADS
- CLEARANCE BEADS